Baffled? Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Feb 16, 2006 at 04:51 PM

I met someone 2 years ago today and when she moved in this past August it all fell apart in 5 months. I don't know If I was used, If she was nuts or If I was nuts?
    She wanted peace but created drama. She wanted unconditional love but aquired quite a few expectations. She said she was simple but she was confused. She wanted orgaization but wouldn't help. I gave her unconditional love and accepted her as she was. She then started telling me that her youngest son was 18 and she didn't have to raise a kid any more. My daughter is 8 and this made me nervous. She then kept up with her "conditions" and drove me downhill where I didn't feel very accepted. I guess the diamond ring I gave her didn't mean much when she left on Christmas day. She has since been back about every 4-5 days to grab a box or two. I had to have her things put into storage which made her quite angry? I couldn't bare to see her keep walking away. why would she be mad? Now she calls me to let her into the storage bin which she refuses to take responsibility for to get single boxes!
    It is 02/16/06, would be 2 year anniverary and I feel quit a bit of harm from all this. I feel physically unable to be with another woman and I'm a (straight) guy! Is this some sort of psycho abuse? I'm not sure if answers will help and I'm not a big medication fan but I think a shrink and some pills might help at this point. I've never loved anyone more and then lost them so quickly. Is that the answer? The more you love the quicker it's over? I've heard that and lived that it seems. Is it all about control? The more we love the more we are controlled by the other person because we allow it.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 4Comments

• View author's info Posted on Feb 16, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Sorry to hear your experience and I trully feel your pain. I beleieve that everything we experience in this world teaches us something in life be it negative or positive. Sometime we feel that love would never die unless we go through the trials. Fear of going through another dissapointment and heartache has made me be by myself for approximatly six years. I had to make the hardest choice by becoming a single parent, and my baby means the whole world to me. I accepted my life after realizing that i have to move on. I am the happiest and stronger person because of my past experience. Do not wait for someone to make you happy. You have a precious gift from God that depend on you. Be glad that your ex verbalized that she was not ready to raise another child which I think is very selfish. Save your daughter long life of pain by not allowing her back.You will find your true mate who will accept your child and make you happy. Good luck
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 22, 2007 at 11:43 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you've been hurt like that. It can really be disheartening to have someone you've grown so close to become completely indifferent to you. I recently had a similar experience. I was engaged to be married April 14th 2007 but four weeks before the wedding, I got very sick and while I was sick, my fiance walked out on me. I called him and asked him to take me to the hospital but he refused and would not speak to me again. I had to literally drive to his house an hour away to ask him in person where the wedding plans stood, because he didn't even tell me it was over. He simply walked out and would not return my calls. I'm still stunned and shocked by the whole thing and in disbelief.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 11, 2006 at 07:43 PM

Dude, Sorry but take it from someone who's been there. She took your heart and squeezed the very life out of it. She got what she wanted out of you and then like a bad habit you got shook. Pick up your head and carry on,someday you'll actually find a lady that is happy and in turn wants to makes you happy.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 28, 2006 at 03:27 PM

Dear, She is abusive and a user. Toxic is a mild way to phrase it. You are not responsible for her things, even if you have to seek legal action, a restraining order... just separate you and your family from her immediately. There are books out there to explain it also therapists. You deserve better.
Follow - email me when people comment