father is not involved but wants SS# of child because of military ? Message board Forward to friends

  • View author's info Author Posted on Apr 14, 2005 at 04:30 PM

    Nawwww I do believe he just wants to take him off of tax return. He says he will be put on corrections if he doesnt have this info ... again.. yeah right, just doesnt sound correct. Can he ever take him off in the future if he gets this info ??? If anyone has a clue I would appreciate it... he gets out in 2006 and buddy im like freaking that he will just show up one day and take the baby as well as all his info like the SS # to his advantage. Baby was Premie and is very ill .... sad but dad doesnt give a hoot just wants the SS# ..... go figure.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 5Comments

  • View author's info Posted on Apr 12, 2006 at 08:46 AM

    Hi. I am sorry your in this position, but it is not as much to worry about as you think. If you dont give him the SS#, and he is on the childs birth certificate he can still get the number. If you both filed a tax return with the child's SS# on there the IRS will accept the return filed first and then look into the second return. The second one to file would then have the responsibility of proving that they cared for the child and had the right to claim him/her. I am sorry your baby is sick. I do recommend that you get something showing that you are the costodial parent. He does as the father have the right to come and take the child if you don't. I am in the same place as you on that matter. But as a tax preparer I always file my taxes as soon as I can so I have never had trouble there. Hope I have made you feel a little better. Email me if you need to chat further. Carrie
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 18, 2006 at 03:58 AM

    Hi Shayhay, do NOT give that creep any information on your child. Especially the SS#, don't you know he could use it to get child tax credit. Hello No, don't listen to those other people. I know what I'm talking about. I'm the wiser one. If you need real a friend contact me. God Bless you and your child. I'm a single parent of one boy. I hope you did not listen to those other people. DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR CHILDS SS# TO THE SPERM DONOR.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 19, 2005 at 07:38 PM

    Give the SS#. Not a darn thing he can do. He needs it to cover the child on Insurance. And YES, You will get BAQ and additional monies from the Govt. You can also go to any V.A. for medical assistance for your child. Medication is no charge as long as the father is active duty, and insurance policy is active. I could explain alot more to you. I was dependant husband while my 'now' ex-wife was stationed at Portsmouth Naval Hosp. in VA.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 19, 2005 at 06:52 AM

    Go ahead and give him the info. You will get his benefits. And just let him try to claim you baby on taxes he will be the one getting audited. All you have to do is what you have been doing claim your child since you are the one taking care of him. The IRS may pick it up and if they do he will get into serious trouble! I had the same thought about my daughters father and consulted a lawyer and that was the advice that they gave me!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 17, 2005 at 07:24 PM

    You are actually in the drivers seat, you can collect BAQ and VHA for your child if he is the father.
    The military is pro-mom. If you have already claim your child on your taxes it will make it tough for him to claim the child, he has to have something signed.
Follow - email me when people comment