Is it just me or is this "finding someone new"really hard! Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 11:19 AM

I've been single for quite some time now, had a number of dates, but always seem to end up dating someone who doesn't want kids, or wants a relationship with someone who doesn't have kids already. I have a wonderful son (but maybe I'm biased...I AM his mother after all LOL) and he is a major part ofmy life. Why does it have to be so hard? Anyone else struggle with this?

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 9Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 23, 2011 at 02:16 PM

Hello All,

life is soo good with my son. I have a 4 year old son and seperated from my wife. She uses him as a weapon against me and I keep fighting everyday or weekends to see him. Ever since I became a dad,the feeling is soo good that I got attached to any kids around his age. I do miss my son soo much everyday and wish I could find a gurl who has a son around tht age.If any one wants to know more please send me a message
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

you have such a diverse population to chose from, so many choices... It is hard. But try to consider a whole country with the population of 87000! Single mum with a 3 and a half year old daughter, i am close to believing its impossible.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 11, 2011 at 08:40 AM

I have now been separated from my husband (of 13 years) for 7 months, I have no clue how to meet people. When I first met my husband I was still a kid and meeting people was not a problem. Now I am 32 years old and have two young kids (2 and 4) and I am lost. What do you do?, where do you go? My first instinct is online, so that is what I am trying.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM

that is so nice to hear out of someone, im a mom of 6 , yes i said 6 girls ranging in age from 20 to 11 months and i pretty much decided that the possibiltys of finding someone that wants all the drama that my life will have is very unlikly in the near future . but id never change a thing and if someone cant except me and my kids thats there loss

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 02, 2009 at 01:04 PM

It's really really hard. I hardly date anymore! lol
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 19, 2009 at 09:19 PM

I completely agree, finding someone is HARD!

I am new here too, and I've not yet ever dated after my divorce. I wanted to give undivided attention to my children for some time after being divorced. I did this for my own reasons, because they were confused by their father's moving in and quick pregnancy with another married woman!

I'm at the point now where I'd LOVE to meet a man willing to be with a woman who happens to have two children.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 16, 2009 at 09:47 AM

i know the feeling also. i have a 15 year old boy, an 8 year old boy and a 15 month old girl, so i find it very difficult to meet anyone who wants to take on a whole family!!! im only 34 and feel my hope of finding another partner to share our lives with isnt ever gonna happen.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Feb 27, 2009 at 08:20 AM

I know wut yur going thru try being 52 and having a 11 yr. old son. its harder the older u are to find women who wants to get involved with u.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM

I have a 16 year old daughter who lives in another state of the USA, and I recently had a woman write to me that she "could not deal with children in a relationship"! I almost dropped to the floor. My "child" is taking advanced graphic art courses prior to entering college in one year! This is not diaper changing duty, no pun intended!

However, this is why a site like this should weed out those type of men, and as a brand new member here, I do not know if that is the rule or the exception.

Even on "regular" dating sites, once I can establish contact with a woman, I discuss the fact that I love children and actually miss "babyhood" as well as childhood. It is something that always has remained important for me, and one blessing I have wished for, was to meet someone who actually wanted a child.

To me, that is the ultimate marital experience I ever had. I suppose if I were 67, I may have reservations about having a newborn baby with my partner, but nothing is more fun than a home with a child or three!
Follow - email me when people comment